AquatiFur 2020 - Official Cancellation Notice

July 16th, 2020

For Release

Dear Attendees,

We would like to take time to discuss and acknowledge the concerns you may have regarding COVID-19 and the impact on AquatiFur 2020. We want to provide transparency and provide answers to your questions regarding the various aspects of the plan going forward. First of all, we believe in the Fandom and our Attendees and have things put in place to make the transition to the new dates as seamless as possible.

As you may know, we have decided to cancel the convention due to the COVID-19 outbreak. We have worked with both the hotel and local government and have been constantly monitoring the news and CDC releases and have decided to cancel the convention. We believe in the safety and well-being of every single attendee.

The new dates for AquatiFur are November 12th-14th. We are staying with the ChulaVista for 2021.

Question: What about my registration?

Our team believes in giving you the most flexibility regarding your registration for the new dates. Our team will migrate your current registration to AquatiFur's new dates automatically. If you are not able to attend in 2021, you may opt to have your registration refunded. In addition to the changes in dates we will be adjusting our registration tier end dates to reflect previous dates accordingly, should you wish to register for the new dates. The deadline for refund requests is August 15th, 2020.

For refunds please email to: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Question: I'm a Dealer, how does this affect me?

As a dealer, we understand how hard it is to move things around and adjust your schedules as many of you work multiple conventions and/or have a day job. Much like registration, our team will automatically move your registration to the new dates for AquatiFur. This also extends to your table and your assistant badges. We will be reaching out to all dealers in the coming days.

For Dealers Den Questions, please email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Question: What about Hotel rooms?

Unfortunately, at this time, our situation with the hotel is that they are not automatically cancelling reservations, you will need to cancel your reservation, and you will need rebook using the new link which will be available at a later time. We do not anticipate a problem with our room block in regards to selling out. We are working to give priority reservations to those who currently held one. We understand the frustration that this may cause and are willing to help out with any problems or concerns you may have.

Question: What about flights?

Many flights are offering options to change or modify your flight. This can be done through their respective website or by calling their customer service. We have a listed their contact information below for you to reference in order to change, cancel or update your fight.

Question: So what are your new dates?

We understand that there may be some frustration due to the shift of dates and we will do our best to assist you as best we can.We thank you in advance for your patience in response to any questions regarding the convention, transfers, or refunds from this transition.

Again, we are thankful to everyone and their support through this situation and being patient while we gathered the necessary information from news outlets and the hotel.

From our team and family, thank you for your continued support in these unprecedented times.


The Corgi Events Board.